sur bandeau ligne 2
FIRST CALL FOR APPLICANTS
In applying to the STRAINS Master programme during the first call (from November 15th, 2022 to February 15th (23:59, Brussels’ time), 2023) you automatically apply for an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) scholarship.
SECOND CALL FOR APPLICANTS
In applying to the STRAINS Master programme during the second call (from March 15th to May 15th (23:59, Brussels’ time), 2022) you apply as a self-funding student.
THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENTS TYPES OF EMJMD SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED
• Both Partner Country students and Programme country students are eligible for EMJMD scholarships (see Erasmus + programme guide )
• The student candidate / scholarship holder declares to not have already benefited from a previous EMJMD scholarship or an Erasmus Mundus Master Course/Joint Doctorate scholarship.
• The student candidate / scholarship holder commits to not benefit from another EU funded scholarship scheme to follow the same EMJMD course for the entire period of the course.
• Programme country students with an EMJMD scholarship are not allowed to benefit from the scholarship when they are in their country of residence for either study, research, placement or thesis preparation.
• To be eligible, candidates must complete mobility in a minimum of 2 HEIs in programme countries (other than his own country of residence).
• The financial support shall be repaid by the scholarship holder in case of fraud or false declaration.
To see how EMJMD scholarships are awarded, please refer to the selection procedure section.
Students who are awarded an EMJMD scholarship will benefit from the financial support mentioned below.
There are two types of Erasmus Mundus scholarships:
- Scholarships for Programme country students
- Scholarships for Partner country students
|Contribution to STRAINS participation costs*||18 000€ (contribution for STRAINS coordinator for 2-year full-time Master’s degree)|
|Contribution to travel costs||2 000€ per year if place of residence is less than 4 000km from STRAINS coordinator (University of Lille) |
3 000€ per year if place of residence is more than 4 000km from STRAINS coordinator (University of Lille)
|Contribution to installation costs||1 000€ one time cost|
|Living allowance (max. 24 months)||1 000€ per month (not when in country of residence and max. 3 months in any Partner Country)|
Any country that is not in the list of Programme countries is considered a Partner Country. The list of Programme Countries is available on the "Programme Country students (Category B scholarships)" tab.
Applicants with Partner Country citizenship who have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any Programme Country are considered Programme Country applicants.
|Contribution to STRAINS participation costs*||9 000€ (contribution for STRAINS coordinator for 2-year full-time Master’s degree)|
|Contribution to travel costs||1 000€ per year|
|Contribution to installation costs||–|
|Living allowance (max. 24 months)||1 000€ per month (not when in country of residence)|
All of the countries listed below are considered Programme countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United-Kingdom.
Applicants with Partner Country citizenship who have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any Programme Country are also considered Programme Country applicants.
- * Contributions to participation costs are charged directly by the STRAINS Consortium and are not transferred to the scholarship beneficiaries who, as a consequence, cannot be charged for any fees or participation costs.
- Scholarship amounts for travel/installation depend on the place of residence by the deadline of the student scholarship application (to be attested by a proof of residence).
- Distance from the STRAINS coordinator (University of Lille, France) is calculated using the Erasmus+ distance calculator.